Top cybersecurity tools to prevent cyber attacks in organizations:
Free SIEM tools
UTMStack is a free Next-Gen SIEM and compliance platform that deliver all the cyber security services to prevent security breaches in small and medium-sized businesses. This SIEM uses multiple data collected by several sensors and runs a process of correlation of that data to detect threats. After detecting a threat, an alert is created with the essential information. That alert is linked to the data that originated it to help the security specialist in its analysis. If the incident is related to a host where UTMStack has an agent compatible with incident response, UTMStack can be executed actions on that host, such as running commands or isolating the host from the network.
Some features of UTMStack
- Log Management to use it in compliance reports.
- Vulnerability Management for early detection, with of the box reports for compliance audits.
- Identity Management to track and manage accounts access and permission changes.
- Incident Response from the dashboard.
- HIDS (NIPS, HIPS) and Advanced Threat Protection powered by AI and real-time threat intelligence.
- Dark Web Monitoring.
- GDPR, GLBA, HIPAA, SOC, and ISO compliance reports.
- File Classification.
- Monitor cloud environment or SaaS application to help to prevent cyber-attacks.
- It’s integrated with Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, and Integrated with SaaS and PaaS such as Office365 and AWS Lamda.
AlienVault USM is a complete security monitoring solution to detect threats and mitigate them before becoming a business problem. It’s one of the leading solutions in the market for organizations of all sizes.
Some features of AlienVault USM
- Centralized threat detection and incident response across cloud environments, on-premises infrastructure, and cloud apps.
- Log management for continuous compliance and forensics investigations.
- Advanced threat detection with real-time, prioritized alarms.
- Continuous threat intelligence updates.
- Pre-built compliance reports for PCI DSS, HIPAA, NIST CSF.
- Vulnerability Management.
- AWS & Azure Cloud Monitoring.
- Integration with Third-Party Ticketing Software (Jira, ServiceNow).
- Cloud Apps Security Monitoring.
Security Onion is a free and open-source Linux distribution to monitor network systems and helps organizations to prevent cyber-attacks. It is also used to detect and respond to cyber security threats in large, small, and medium-sized organizations by analyzing suspicious network traffic. Security Onion also collects packets and alerts the user about anything that seems out of the ordinary.
Some features of Security Onion
- NIDS to collect network events from Zeek, Suricata, and other tools for complete coverage of your network.
- HIDS event collection agents, including Wazuh, Beats, and osquery.
- It imports PCAP files for quick static analysis and case studies.
- SOC Workstation for SOC analysts to use local Linux tools to perform analysis of network and host events.
- Native Alert Queue to review and manage alerts generated.
- Hunt for evil to investigate events quickly and easily.
- Complete PCAP Analysis to pull packet captures from network events and analyze them within SOC or favorites external tool.
Endpoint Protection tools
Malwarebytes is an antivirus and anti-malware software that protects organizations from various cyber threats. It focuses on three areas of safety online: precise threat detection, proactive threat blocking, and thorough remediation. This software is driven from the cloud and is easy to use for organizations of all sizes.
Some Features of Malwarebytes
- Lightweight Agent that allows finding and blocks threats before devices are infected.
- Accurate Verdicts through machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Simplified Management by a single dashboard with an easy-to-use interface.
- Real-time protection.
- Ransomware, zero-day exploits, phishing protection.
- Availability of features depends on the package you purchase (For Teams, Endpoint Protection, and Endpoint Detection and Response).
- The free version doesn’t include real-time security.
Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud
Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud (KESC) is a cloud-based service that helps organizations detect and manage malicious activity. The solution can be accessed on-premises or through a subscription-based service, giving users all the benefits of an off-premises cloud solution.
Some Features of Kaspersky
- Ease of use.
- Full set of endpoint protection features.
- Protection against ransomware.
- Protection of mobile devices.
- Vulnerability Assessment.
- Patch Management.
- Web and Device Control.
- Encryption Management.
- Endpoint Detection and Response Preview.
- Data and Cloud Discovery.
- Some of the features mentioned are available only if it activates KESC under a KESC Plus license.